This course covers the basic and advance concepts and frequently used commands required to advance readers from a novice to advance level in using SolidWorks Motion.
It covers the following functionality of SolidWorks Motion 2015.
• Model generation
• Creating assembly mates
• Performing simulations
• Creating animations
• Visualizing simulation results
Brief Course Outline (Based on Internationally recognized text books)
- Introduction to SolidWorks Motion
- Animation and Basic Motion – A Single Piston Engine Example
- Particle Kinematics – A Ball Throwing Example, Slider Collar on Rotating Arm
- A Simple Pendulum
- A Spring Mass System
- A Slider-Crank Mechanism
- A Rail-Carriage Example
- A Compound Spur Gear Train
- Cam and Follower
- Particle Dynamics – Force & Acceleration, Work & Energy, Impulse & Momentum
- Planar Rigid Body Kinematics
- Planar Rigid Body Dynamics – Force & Acceleration, Work & Energy, Impulse & Momentum
- 3D Rigid Body Kinematics
- 3D Rigid Body Dynamics
Course duration – 10 weeks, 3 hour session per week
Course is conducted by qualified University Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering who has 12 years of industry and academic experience.
Group class (2 – 6 students) – Rs. 18,000 per one student
Fees can be paid in two installments.
Medium: English and Sinhala Media (Depending on the student’s request)
Recommended text book is used throughout the course.
Lecture notes and take home assignments / tutorials will be given for every session.
Individual attention is guaranteed.